“Handwashing is one of the best ways to protect yourself and your family from getting sick.” – CDC
To Do Today: Follow these five steps to wash your hands the right way.
- Wet your hands with clean, running water (warm or cold), turn off the tap, and apply soap.
- Lather your hands by rubbing them together with the soap. Lather the backs of your hands, between your fingers, and under your nails.
- Scrub your hands for at least 20 seconds. Need a timer? Hum the “Happy Birthday” song from beginning to end twice.
- Rinse your hands well under clean, running water.
- Dry your hands using a clean towel or air dry them.
Daily Lenten Commitment: “Let no one come to you without leaving better and happier.” – Mother Teresa