Twelve Rules For Being Human
adapted from ancient Sanskrit
1. You will receive a body – You may like it or hate it, but it will be yours the entire period.
2. You will learn lessons – You are enrolled in a full-time informal school called LIFE. Each day in this school you will have the opportunity to learn lessons. You may like the lessons or think of them as irrelevant.
3. There are no mistakes, only lessons – Growth is a process of trial and error and experimentation. The “failed” experiments are as much a part of the process as the experiments that ultimately work.
4. A lesson is repeated until learned. – A lesson will be presented to you in various forms until you have learned it. When you have learned it, only then you can go on to the next lesson.
5. Learning lessons does not end – There is no part of life that does not contain lessons. If you are alive, there are lessons to be learned.
6. ”There” is no better than ”here” – When your “there” has become a “here”, you will simply obtain another “there” that will again look better than “here”.
7. Others are merely mirrors of you – You cannot love or hate something about another person unless it reflects something that you love or hate about yourself.
8. What you make your life is up to you – You have all the tools and resources you need. What you do with them is up to you. The choice is yours.
9. Life is exactly what you think it is – You create a life that matches your beliefs and expectations.
10. Your answers lie inside you – The answers to life’s questions lie inside you, all you need to do is look, listen, and trust.
11. You will forget all this.
12. You can remember it whenever you want.