“We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.” – Winston Churchill
To Do Today: Today would have been my Dad’s 65th birthday. In honor of his birthday and in memory of his giving spirit, I’m asking everyone to “Give 65”.
Here are some ideas:
- Donate $65 to a charity of your choice
- Spend 65 minutes catching up with someone you haven’t seen or talked to in awhile
- Donate 65 cans of food to a local pantry
- Donate 65 pairs of socks to a homeless shelter
- Donate 65 books to an underserved school
- Take 65 seconds to send a thank you note
- Commit to 65 hours of service in the next year
- “Unplug” and give 65 uninterrupted minutes to your family
How will you “Give 65”? Respond to this email with (1) how you will “Give 65” and (2) your favorite charity. I’ll donate $65 to the charity of choice for the most creative response.
Another fun way to celebrate Dad’s birthday – tonight, watch my Dad’s alma mater (UC) play my alma mater (UCLA) in men’s basketball in Cincinnati. May the best team win! Happy Birthday, Dad!